Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 1 - So it begins...


Karen and I stayed up way too late preparing for the start of the trip and got up at 6AM to get started. Poor preparation will always be rewarded...

We started out at 7:45AM to meet up with Paula and Armando at a local mall. Finding a parking spot was not diffcult.









We got the first shot of the day of Paula and Armando.




I was a nice moring. The overcast skys kept the temperature down and no wind. By mid-moring, the sun was starting to peek out. I was minding my own business on Highway 287 when the biggest bird I ever saw took flight on the side of the road. His wing span was bigger than my bike! Apparently he wanted to stay low this morning so we had a close encounter... I got to see the south end of a northern flying "giant" bird at about 6-12 inches away! Karen was off looking at something else so she never saw the bird... this is a good thing.

We had lunch in Vernon, Texas. Nothing much to say about that, but then the rain hit. We thought we would run out of it but it kept coming. Interestingly enough, our rain gear stayed nice and dry, in their storage bags! I am not sure what we were thinking...






We finally arrived at Clayton, NM around 6PM. It was hot and dry by the time we got there.


We had dinner at the Rabbit Ear Cafe. They didn't serve any Rabbit Ears so I don't get the connection. I guess the name sounded good at the time.






No comments:

Post a Comment